- A term used to describe the combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia
- the land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia
- (eurasian) a person of mixed European and Asian descent
- (eurasian) relating to, or coming from, Europe and Asia; “His mother was Eurasian, and his father Chinese”; “the Eurasian landmass is the largest in the world”
- a diagrammatic representation of the earth’s surface (or part of it)
- A diagrammatic representation of an area of land or sea showing physical features, cities, roads, etc
- function: (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- A two-dimensional representation of the positions of stars or other astronomical objects
- A diagram or collection of data showing the spatial arrangement or distribution of something over an area
- make a map of; show or establish the features of details of; “map the surface of Venus”
map of eurasia – EURASIA: Region
South Caucasus Map
Near East Map
map of eurasia
The objective of this multimedia/exploration program is for students to learn about avian behavior, anatomy, challenges to survival, and remarkable roles in mythology and art. Students take a guided tour through a virtual natural history museum. The museum has three main rooms., corridors, and various galleries. Each room groups graphics and artifacts by topic, and all displays include text.
Visit the section on Birds of Prey and see a ten-second video of the world’s largest bird of prey, the Andean Condor; learn about the importance of the falcon to the Egyptian culture; or turn a stuffed Eurasia Kestrel 360 degrees for 16 different views. See the world from a vulture’s viewpoint where the central portion of the visual field is magnified 2.5 times.
Learn about bird habitats from around the globe. Learn about courtship, nesting, feeding, or anatomy. Other galleries hold exhibits on flight patterns with migration maps, environmental factors affecting bird population, endangered species, songs and calls where users can listen to birds like canaries and owls, and birds in art where some artwork can be rotated to view all sides. A navigation icon displays a map of the current location and can be used to move to another part of the museum.
A visit to the Museum Store lets the user create screen savers, printable stationery and gift tags, and save sound files for use in other programs. Users can access a fully searchable index, assemble slide shows, and copy or print display windows. There is an option for turning the sound on and off. This museum can be expanded with additional CD-ROM titles that act as floors Joined by a common elevator.
The Multimedia Education Lab Pack provides you with a 5 pack (5 Copies of the Bird CD) so you can use within your cl